BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union Address

I couldn’t help but feel really tired after watching the state of the union address. How do they do that? I get tired just from clapping at my sisters music recital and that’s clapping like 3 times. I can’t imagine clapping every 15 seconds and standing every 30. We get it. You agree. Why can’t it just be like senator Joe Wilson and everyone just scream out YEAH! Or NO! Or the classic, YOU LIE! It would save a lot of time and a heck of a lot of energy. But to get to what president Obama said, he made a lot of bold predictions and goals. Whether it was job gain or the deficit, he was trying to pump up the rest of the government to get things really rolling to make things the best they can be. He also stressed the need for bipartisan agreement. he included a few comments towards the republicans, including at one point, turning to the republican side while the democrats were applauding his comments on taxes, saying, "I thought I would get a few claps..." there was a few laughs (including me) but mostly from democrats. He also talked a lot about small business owners and including many plans to help create growth for them and give them tax breaks. I think it would be great for Obama to be able to grant all these wishes he created, but it just isn’t realistic. I see how it inspires the country to keep the faith, but this was a little bit of overkill. He’s most likely going to get a ton of slack when some of these promises go unchanged, but I do hope for the best, and think he will be able to do a lot of these.

0 comments: